Apostolic Ministerial Hall of Fame Members > Bishop James Archie Johnson
Image 24 of 66
Bishop James Archie Johnson

Bishop James Archie Johnson

James Archie Johnson was born in Flint, Michigan in 1924. He was saved under the ministry of the late Bishop Frank Bowdan in 1939, in Flint. He was called to the ministry in 1943. James traveled as an evangelist several years before being called to pastor Bethesda Temple, in St. Louis, Missouri in 1948. Bishop Johnson has been a member of the Pentecostal Assemblies of the World since 1948. He was elevated to the bishopric in 1968 during the Annual Convention held that year in Los Angeles. He has served as Assistant Treasurer, Vice-Chairman and Chairman of the Mid Western District Council. He has also served as General Secretary of the PAW from 1962 - 1968; PAW Parliamentarian, ans Auxiliary Bishop of the National Sunday School Association. He was diocesan of the 14th Episcopal District, consisting of Kansas and Colorado, and was awarded an honorary doctrate of divinity degree from Aenon Bible College. He was married to the late Josephine Johnson, and is the father of seven children. Bishop Johnson was elected, Presiding Bishop of the PAW in 1986 and served in that position until 1992. Bishop James A. Johnson was Inducted into the Apostolic Ministerial Hall of Fame, in the Class of 2006.